The Lighthouse Wish List
As a non-profit charitable organization, The Lighthouse looks to the community for support, and gladly accepts donations which help support our daily operations.
While there are many treasured items which will be moving to the new Lighthouse, it is our hope to replace worn and broken items which have been well-loved. The increased space in the new Lighthouse will also allow us to add grief related books to our resource library for use by the grieving families and the community at-large. As well, we would like to add to the play items which are used as tools during the children’s grief groups.
The following is a list of suggested wish list items. Please note that gift cards are very helpful as they allow us to seek out and purchase items which are value added to our group activities and resource library.
Gift Cards Needed:
- Toys R Us, Walmart, IKEA gift cards toward the purchase of toys for the play centres and as a grief support tool
- Chapters/Indigo gift cards for grief themed books for the resource library
- Michaels gifts cards for art supplies
- Costco and Walmart gift cards toward snacks for grief groups
- Staples gift cards for office supplies
- Dominos Pizza, Sub shop, or grocery store gift cards toward Lighthouse volunteer training/appreciation events
If you would much prefer to purchase specific items for the Lighthouse, or have items you wish to donate, please contact the office to talk with our staff.
Your generosity to the Lighthouse for Grieving Children assists us to provide grief support to families for free. Many of the families would not otherwise be able to afford grief support for their children and themselves.
Many thanks for your donation to the Lighthouse.